An Unimportant Update...

It's been over a year since I last updated this blog. I must admit it actually feels a little longer than that. So much has happened over my Gap Year.

I've worked and worked and worked at my current job which I only have two shifts left of. I've done the usual of hanging out with friends and family. I traveled to four different incredible places - Madeira, Marrakech, Sorrento, and Berlin. I went back to London at every opportunity I could. I joined a Gym, walked the dog, did fuck all, did lots, ate well, ate badly, been hormonal, been happy.

I am so glad I took a year out. I honestly would recommend it to anyone. You don't need to do anything extravagant. You don't need to go traveling for a year by raising thousands of pounds to do so. I personally, couldn't afford to or didn't want to really either. Instead, I got a job just down the road from our family home in West End of Glasgow, and I would save and use the money I worked for to go to London, my dearest hometown or traveling... Or occasionally going insane in Monki and having gin with friends...

The point is I am so glad I took a year out to just recover from the intensity of Secondary. It was like a big act of self-care, to take time in making new friends that I've made for life, learn more about myself and give myself time to mature more in preparation for the next step.

The next step for me is moving to another city and starting University but I'm going to talk about that in another blog post.

This was really just to say Hello! And that because I now have my own laptop, I'll be able to do more blog posts.

I hope you're all well and happy.

Love, Eilidh x

Comments

Popular Posts